Poly Board KIT - (1) 1"x4"x20' Poly Board + (5) 12" Stakes + (10) Screws (#10490)
Artificial turf and carpet are very similar materials and even though the full installation process varies between both products, there are still steps that require very similar procedures.
Just like carpet, artificial turf must be stretched out and fastened all through the perimeter when being installed in order to prevent wrinkles, ripples and bubbles. In order to do so, a board made out of plastic (Poly Board) must be installed throughout the whole perimeter of the project. This nail board is what is used to securely fasten the turf by stretching and stapling the turf into it. By using this as a nail board then it will not be visible at the end of the installation because the turf is stapled ontop of it.
EDGING / PROTECTION:
Artificial grass is sometimes installed next to real grass. When this is the case, the real grass eventually grows and over powers the artificial grass.
When landscapers come out to cut and maintain the real grass, it is very difficult for them to identify the exact division where the real grass ends and where the artificial grass starts; commonly causing damage to the artificial grass with their equipment.
Poly board should be installed so when this happens, not only will there be a clear division but when they hit their equipment against the artificial grass they will be hitting the poly board edging and not the plastic grass avoiding damage.
GARDENS & TREES:
Synthetic turf sometimes is installed next to trees, plants, dirt, mulch or decorative rocks. Over time, rain, wind, leaf blowers and other reasons may cause this mulch, dirt and rocks to start shifting over on top of the artificial grass. This will cause the division to be unclear and giving it a messy and outdated look.
Poly Board Edging creates a barrier wall keeping everything in place and always maintaining a clean, crisp looking finish. Additionally, it will allow space for trees and plants to continuously grow and to receive any fertilizers or treatments needed.
Item Package Quantity: (1) Poly Board + (5) 12" Stakes + (10) Screws
- Bendable poly material
- teak color
- separates fake and real grass
- provides a nice finish
- adjustable height
- great as a nail board
- comes with stakes and screws
NAME: Poly Board KIT - (1) 1"x4"x20' Poly Board + (5) 12" Stakes + (10) Screws (#10490)
HEIGHT: 4 inches
THICKNESS: 1 inch
MATERIAL TYPE: Composite Material
COLOR FINISH: Teak
RECOMMENDED USE: Landscaping
MAIN APPLICATION: perimeter of artificial grass, plants, trees , rock beds as an edging or as a nail boarder
LENGTH: 20 Ft
SHIPPING WEIGHT: 15.55 Lbs
- Install around plants, trees, rock beds, etc.
- secure by hammering stakes into the ground next to the side of the poly board edging
- once the stake is in the ground then it is fastened with 2 poly board screws per stake. The screw is drilled through the stake and into the edging holding both of them together.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Will this rust outside? No, this is meant for outdoors and it is poly material which will never rust.
- Does this edging protect my artificial grass? Yes, this edging won't only make your installation look much better but it will actually protect it from weed whackers and other landscaper equipment when landscapers and doing normal Maintnance.
- Can this be cut? Yes and the way it will give you a clean cut finish is if its cut with a Reciprocating Saw.
- Can I choose another color? No
- Can I fold this into a perfect 90 degree angle? No. but it can bend tremendously!
- Will I really use everything in the kit? Yes it is actually calculated for 0 waste. each poly board needs 5 stakes and each stake needs 2 screws each.