Cooling sand-hydrochill (#11690)
NOTE: As a final top coating, the infill is the last product needed to complete a successful artificial turf installation. The application that the turf will be used in will determine the type of infill required for the project.
Infills are needed for many reasons, however, they can also provide different solutions. Each of them creates a different type of system that can vary from an "odor control pet system" (to avoid stinky situations in the short and long term) to a "temperature control system" (that cools down the turf surface up to 50 degrees to make it more comfortable for the everyday use).
HydroChill is a pre-coated sand that is added to synthetic turf as an infill. It naturally holds moisture from rain or irrigation and during the hottest part of the day, the infill activates and releases that moisture in the form of evaporation, creating an evaporative cooling system that cools the turf up to 50 degrees. This is unheard of, making it the most effective infill of its kind.
If your project is for a poolside, children's' playgrounds, or a general lounge area, then this cooling infill is highly recommended.
Other than cooling, infill for artificial grass helps weigh down the turf and keeps the artificial grass from getting wrinkles or ripples caused by movement and climate change. It also helps the grass blades stand up and keep its real look in high traffic areas. Finally, it creates a layer that absorbs the traffic providing durability for the turf. Infill is absolutely necessary in order to complete the artificial grass project successfully.
Our silica sand is Guaranteed to be non-angular which essentially means that it is rounded and has no sharp edges. This is very important because Angular silica sand has shark edges and will act like sandpaper and will grind the turf to dust.
Our silica sand is washed so only the sand crystals stay while all of the finer dust particles get washed away. This is very important because if the sand is not washed then those fine dust particles eventually accumulate and clog the drain hole
Silica Sand is washed with water so after it is washed it is soaking wet which is a problem because it will lump up and not slide into the turf blades easily. Wet sand prior to installation will NOT allow for a successful and professional finish. This is why our sand infill goes through an additional step and gets dried in an oven so we can guarantee that every single bag of sand is 100% dry!
Item Package Quantity: 1 bag
- Hydrochill is non-toxic and does not have negative environmental effects.
- Based on actual lab and outdoor lawn thermocouple testing, Hydrochill has achieved 30°F – 50°F lower surface temperatures compared to a standard synthetic turf system.
- Protects fibers from matting down
- Provides weight to avoid ripples
USES: Infill for artificial grass
PRICE: $33.50 per bag
COLOR FINISH: tan
PRODUCT DIMENSION: 20/30 Mesh
PACKAGE CONTENTS: PE
ITEM WEIGHT: 50 lbs
INCLUDED COMPONENTS: Silica Sand / Gel Coating
SHIPPING WEIGHT: 50 Lbs
WARRANTY: HydroChill will not affect the durability or warranty of Diamond Artificial Grass products.
PROPER SPREAD RATE: 2 pounds per square foot. One bag will cover approximately 25 SQ.FT.
- Rake or power broom evenly throughout turf.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How many bags come in a full pallet? 56 bags
- Does this really cool the turf down? Yes, It reduces up to 50° in the surface temperature.
- How much do I need? 2lbs / Sq.Ft. for it to be fully effective
- Is it safe for my kids? Yes it is safe and non-toxic
- Is it safe for my dogs to use? Yes, but we recommend using ZeoFill which is specialized for pets and has cooling properties as well.
- How often should I refill? As needed approximately once every few years
- Does this work for per odors? No, use ZeoFill Instead. It is specialized for pet odor control!