Poly Board - 1"x4"x20' (#10480)
Artificial turf and carpet are very similar materials and even though the installation process varies between the products, there are still steps that require similar procedures.
Just like carpet, artificial turf must be stretched out and secured around the perimeter during installation in order to prevent wrinkles, ripples, and bubbles. In order to do so, a plastic board (Poly Board) must be installed around the perimeter of the project. This nail board is what is used to securely fasten the turf by stretching and stapling the turf into it. Poly Board will not be visible at the end of the installation because the turf is stapled on top of it.
EDGING / PROTECTION:
Artificial grass is sometimes installed next to real grass. In this case, the real grass eventually grows and overpowers the artificial grass.
When landscapers come out to cut and maintain the real grass, it is very difficult for them to identify the exact division where the real grass ends and the artificial grass begins. This often causes damage to both the artificial grass and their equipment.
Poly board is installed to prevent this problem and create a clear division. This way, any equipment will hit the metal edging rather than the artificial grass, avoiding damage.
GARDENS & TREES:
Synthetic turf is sometimes is installed next to trees, plants, dirt, mulch or decorative rocks. Over time, rain, wind, leaf blowers, and other forces may cause these items to land on top of the artificial grass. This will cause the division to be unclear and create a messy look.
Poly Board Edging creates a barrier wall keeping everything in place and always maintaining a clean, crisp look. Additionally, it will allow space for trees and plants to continuously grow and to receive any fertilizers or treatments needed.
Item Package Quantity: 1pc
- Bendable poly material
- teak color
- separates fake and real grass
- provides a nice finish
- adjustable height
- great as a nail board
NAME: Poly Board - 1"x4"x20' (#10480)
HEIGHT: 4 inches
THICKNESS: 1 inch
MATERIAL TYPE: Composite Material
COLOR FINISH: Teak
RECOMMENDED USE: Landscaping
MAIN APPLICATION: perimeter of artificial grass, plants, trees, rock beds as an edging or as a nail border
LENGTH: 20 Ft
SHIPPING WEIGHT: 14.24 Lbs
- Install around plants, trees, rock beds, etc.
- secure by hammering stakes into the ground next to the side of the poly board edging
- once the stake is in the ground then it is fastened with 2 poly board screws per stake. The screw is drilled through the stake and into the edging holding both of them together.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Will this rust outside? No, this is meant for outdoors and it is poly material which will never rust.
- Does this edging protect my artificial grass? Yes, this edging won't only make your installation look much better but it will actually protect it from weed whackers and other landscaper equipment when landscapers and doing normal Maintnance.
- Can this be cut? Yes and the way it will give you a clean cut finish is if its cut with a Reciprocating Saw.
- Can I choose another color? No
- Can I fold this into a perfect 90 degree angle? No. but it can bend tremendously!