From the store to the garden: how to move the artificial turf?
So, you've decided to install synthetic grass in your backyard, congratulations on having made such a good decision!
Without a doubt, you will not regret it and we guarantee that you will get countless benefits such as, for example:
- Savings in water expenses and support to nature by avoiding its consumption.
- Fewer maintenance expenses and more free time to enjoy your garden.
- Always beautiful green grass.
- Adds value to the property.
Other benefits? We got you, read this article “Can you really save money by switching to artificial grass? Learn how?”
The next step
If you have already called us, Diamond Artificial Grass, and ordered everything you need, consider three important details:
- The artificial grass is packed in rolls.
- The rolls of synthetic grass are 15 ft wide x 100 ft long.
- An ordinary car cannot transport the rolls safely.
So: how are you going to transport the materials?
If your car is a sedan, or a four-wheel-drive pickup, or a 4 x 4, but you don't have a trailer covers the length of the rolls, the situation is going to get complicated.
If you have measured the length of your car and verified that the rolls of grass can be carried on the roof of the vehicle without any inconvenience, or you thought you could unroll them and fold them inside like a towel, well, we warn you that it is not convenient to do so because of the following:
- If you extend the rolls to fold the grass, you will damage its fibers and it will also cause problems for the installation because these must be unrolled little by little on the ground.
- The roof of the vehicle may sag.
- The roof of the car can be scratched.
- If it is a van with a light bulb on the roof, it can crack under the weight of the grass and create cracks through which water can enter the interior of the car.
- It can limit your visibility while driving and put you in danger on the roa
- It can unbalance the direction of the vehicle while driving if the rolls move, putting other vehicles at risk.
- Artificial grass rolls can fall onto the road.
In addition, your car insurance will not cover such damage and you may incur an additional expense, or you may have a bad time that could have been avoided.
Ideally, the right way to transport the artificial grass
For personal use, and less than 2 rolls, the ideal is to move them in a trailer added to the vehicle in the back that is long enough. It can also be in a van or a truck with special storage or box type compartment, and not in traditional cars for transporting people inside and that only have a small trunk.
Once you have the right vehicle you can rent a Turf Dolly, in any of our stores to facilitate the transfer of the rolls of grass from the unloading area to the land where it will be installed.
At Diamond Artificial Grass we offer you the Tri-County Miami-Broward-WPB delivery service, which includes the unloading of the products to the installation site, curbside. You can avoid all the inconveniences we mentioned by hiring this service for only $149, no matter how much material you need to move.
At Diamond Artificial Grass we don't install, but after more than a decade of experience in the artificial synthetic grass business we have gathered an extensive database with the best contractors in Florida, so we can give you recommendations depending on the county you are in and the type of installation you need.
Contact us by any means of communication or visit us directly at any of our offices. On Instagram, you get us as @Diamondartificialgrass, where we give interesting tips about artificial turf and this billion-dollar business. Also, on the blog, we have all the topics you need to know about this incredible world of artificial grass.
We are waiting for you Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at any of our stores:
- BROWARD SHOWROOM McNab Industrial Plaza 1300 W. McNab Rd. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 Suite #1312. Call Us: 844-579-6887.
- MIAMI SHOWROOM Miami International Commerce Center 1839 NW 79 Avenue, Doral, FL 33126. Call Us: 844-579-6887.
- WEST PALM BEACH SHOWROOM 7257 Westport place Suite B2 West Palm Beach, FL 33413. Call Us: 844-579-6887.
- ORLANDO SHOWROOM 51 Maguire Rd. Ocoee, FL 34761. Call Us: 844-579-6887.